Responsible for regional office in South America
Forests of the World are looking for a person to develop and manage our South American HUB office.
Forests of the World (https://www.forestsoftheworld.org/) is a Danish NGO with more than 30 years of experience working for Forest Conservation and the Rights of Indigenous Peoples, local communities and Civil Society. We have nearly 25 employees working with our partners for the preservation of diverse ecosystems in 6 countries in East Africa and Latin-America and have been present in Bolivia since 2011.
Forests of the World is establishing a regional office located in Santa Cruz, Bolivia, from where we wish to develop and manage our South American development initiatives with the purpose of Conserving Forests, Strengthening Civil Society and ensuring compliance with the Rights of Indigenous Peoples and the environment.
Are you the right person for this job – please send us your application and CV by 31st of January 2022
We are looking for someone with:
- Relevant academic education
- Minimum 5 years of relevant professional work experience
- Fluent level of English and Spanish language skills – both orally and written
- Recognized leadership abilities with special focus on:
- Management, development and motivation of staff, individuals and teams to strengthen talent and capacities to achieve sustainable results.
- Strategic approach to reach goals in the benefit of both staff, partners, beneficiaries and donors.
- Promotion of diversity, inclusion, ethnic and gender equality.
- creating new strategic partnerships and alliances and raising funds for new projects
- Experience with coordination of development projects
- Experience with financial management of large projects and the fulfillment of larger international donor requirements.
- Documented experience with formulation of project proposals and applications for international calls.
- Experience in representation and collaboration with public authorities, embassies, donors, etc.
- Practical field experience from South America and experience with interacting in a multi-actor context with rural communities, indigenous peoples, civil society organizations, state authorities and donors.
- Professional experience with one or more of the following thematic work-areas: indigenous peoples rights, forest conservation and management, climate change, biodiversity, strengthening civil society, value chains (e.g. agroforestry, timber, tourism) and/or sustainable development.
- Independent, with good teamwork abilities – especially under work pressure.
- Visionary, with ability to define and pursue the strategic framework of Forests of the World.
- Prepared to reside in Santa Cruz, and to travel nationally and internationally, when required to visit communities, partners or donors.
- Driver’s license and relevant IT competences.
To assume responsibility of:
- Managing our regional office (Hub South America) in Santa Cruz, projects, finances and staff in a participatory and transparent way – promoting a positive work environment, including:
- Represent our values, develop our methodologies and contribute to achieve our objectives.
- Open doors to donors and alliances.
- Fundraise and develop projects to achieve our goals.
- Coordinate with the regional coordinator and Headquarters in Denmark.
- Coordinate national initiatives with partner organizations.
- Engage openly, constructively and proactively in project and program development, partnerships, alliances and networks locally, nationally and internationally.
- Report and comply with donor requirements.
Please submit your application and CV to email@example.com
Closing date: January 31st, 2022.
Please write “Manager for regional office South America” in the subject line of your email.
We encourage all – independent of gender and ethnicity – to apply!
We have not yet set the dates for interviews nor for the start-up.
We expect interviews to take place in February 2022.
ESTE BOLETÍN SE PRODUCE POR ENCARGO DE BOSQUES DEL MUNDO
Usted quiere estar al día con nuestros boletines, suscríbete a nuestra red informativa de Redesma y Cebem en WhatsApp, haga clic AQUÍ o mándenos su número.