(Working base: La Paz)
Job Name: BEF Project Coordinator
Reports to: Project Coordinator
World Wildlife Fund (WWF), one of the world's leading conservation organizations, is seeking a BEF Project Coordinator for our office in La Paz, Bolivia. We want to hire a professional with great passion for conservation, creative and dedicated, always willing to push boundaries, a great team player and, in general, a good human being, who understands and appreciates the value of leading by example.
We are guided by WWF's core values:
We demonstrate courage through our actions, work for change where it is needed and inspire people and institutions to face the greatest threats to nature and the future of the planet, which is our home.
COLLABORATION We deliver impact at the level of the challenges we face through the power of collective action and innovation.
We live the principles we ask others to abide by. We act with integrity, accountability and transparency, and rely on facts and science to guide us and ensure we learn and evolve.
RESPECT We respect the voices and knowledge of the people and communities we serve, and work to ensure a sustainable future for all.
I. Main function
Lead the implementation in Bolivia of the "Acceleration of progress towards 30x30: favorable conditions for the financing of projects for permanence in Bolivia" Project, considering institutional values and ensuring compliance with the results contracted with the donor in the expected times as well as the development of collaboration spaces in WWF and the partner and allied entities of the project.
II. Main Responsibilities
- Lead the development of work plans and the technical and financial execution of the project.
- Supervise the staff in charge, partners, and consultants of the project.
- Promote the participation and commitment of key government agencies and other stakeholders (local communities, indigenous peoples, private communities, NGOs, etc.) to establish a vision and complement of the Goal 30x30.
- To coordinate the day of an end-of-year period for protected areas and ECMOs, and to coordinate the implementation of at least one financial mechanism in public areas.
III. Minimum Requirements
- Professional in the agro-forestry, social, financial and/or financial areas.
- Master’s in finance, conservation, ecology, biodiversity, biology.
- At least seven years of experience in project management, related to natural resource management, protected area management, financial sustainability, financial mechanisms
- Specific expertise in at least three of the following: protected area management, ECMOs, including indigenous territories, as well as financial mechanisms, legislation and processes governing environmental policy development and institutional reforms, planning, GIScience and social sciences to support natural resource governance at different scales.
- Experience related to the development of policies and regulatory processes in Bolivia, on the National Service of Protected Areas and the National System of Protected Areas.
- English language management (oral and written).
- Wide network of contacts related to the topics of interest of the project, especially within the Bolivian national government, the Ministry of Environment and SERNAP.
- Capacity for organization, planning and systematization of information.
- Excellent communication skills at all levels and good treatment.
- Results orientation.
- Innovation and creativity.
- Good management and knowledge of office automation (Outlook, Excel, Word, Zoom, Teams, etc).
- Excellent ability to work in a team and under pressure.
- Availability to travel nationally and internationally.
- Committed to building and strengthening a culture of inclusion within and between teams.
- Identifies and aligns with WWF's core values: Bravery, Integrity, Respect and Collaboration:
- Demonstrates courage by speaking even when difficult or unpopular.
- Build trust with colleagues by acting with integrity, acknowledging mistakes and being responsible yourself.
- Accepts other views and ideas, acknowledging and adopting different and opposing perspectives with kindness, curiosity, and encouragement.
- It makes conscious efforts to promote cooperative practices, behaviors and ways of working among many groups and individuals.
If you wish to apply for this position and meet the requirements described above, please send a cover letter indicating your motivation for this position and your salary expectations (indispensable) attaching your CV, including 3 job references October 31th, 2022 to the email: email@example.com with the subject: BEF Project Coordinator.
WWF is an equitable employer
ESTE BOLETÍN SE PRODUCE POR ENCARGO DE WWF
Usted quiere estar al día con nuestros boletines, suscríbete a nuestra red informativa de Redesma y Cebem en WhatsApp, haga clic AQUÍ o mándenos su número.