Our client, The Embassy of Sweden, requires:
National Program Officer: Development Cooperation
The Embassy of Sweden in La Paz constitutes a platform to develop and strengthen relations between Sweden and Bolivia. Our work covers a wide range of issues, from political dialogue to trade and commerce promotion, and cultural exchange activities.
The position includes two main subject areas:
- (i) Develop and manage the contributions related to our main areas in a portfolio in
collaboration with other Programme Officers,
- (ii) Support the Embassy in promoting fair trade, public and private partnerships within the development cooperation.
The management of the portfolio includes providing technical input, follow-up, preparing reports as well as the quality assurance of development contributions. The monitoring and follow-up of the contributions are carried out using computer-based content management systems.
Academic degree, MSc or equivalent preferably in fields relevant to the job description.
Work experience and core competencies
The successful candidate for this position is expected to have:
- At least five years of experience of work in development cooperation,
- Thorough experience in the design, evaluation, and monitoring of development projects,
- In-depth experience in the promotion of private and public sector collaborations,
- Knowledge of trade and market development, business promotion, business for development, or similar experiences,
- Good analytical and negotiation skills,
- Visionary ability to identify and seize opportunities to develop new approaches, collaborations, and partnerships,
- High degree of ability to cope with fluctuations in workload and to carry out various processes of work simultaneously,
- Ability to adapt to various cultural contexts and settings,
- Good communication skills,
- Good reporting and writing skills,
- Fluent in spoken and written Spanish and English,
- Good computer skills, use of Microsoft Office and Web-based applications.
- Previous experience of international development cooperation, at a development agency, firm of consultants or similar public sector or private enterprise,
- In-depth knowledge of development work and/or market development in Bolivia and in Latin America,
- Experience of working with EU projects is particularly desirable
- Knowledge of Swedish foreign policy, Swedish Development Cooperation and or Swedish/Nordic Language.
- Good social skills and effective interpersonal relations,
- Capability to learn and adapt to a multicultural environment,
- Flexibility and ability to manage competing priorities,
- Ability to take initiative and work independently.
If you have the profile, send your resume (not documented) with a cover sheet that includes your salary claim (both in English), to firstname.lastname@example.org before August 23, 2023.
Only people who meet the profile will be contacted.
ESTE BOLETÍN SE PRODUCE POR ENCARGO DE DIO
Usted quiere estar al día con nuestros boletines, suscríbete a nuestra red informativa de Redesma y Cebem en WhatsApp, haga clic AQUÍ o mándenos su número.