LOCATION: LA PAZ - BOLIVIA
Save the Children International in Bolivia invites interested professionals who meet the following requirements to apply for the position of:
As a member of the Senior Management Team, the Director of Programme Operations shares in the overall responsibility for the direction and coordination of the Country Office. The Director of Program
Operations in his/her capacity is responsible for implementation of all programming in country, including the management of all field offices.
This is a challenging role in a complex environment requiring a dedicated, experienced and highly motivated individual who can operate in a high profile, rapidly transitioning environment as Bolivia Country Office is transitioning into the new CSP 2022-24. The post holder will need to work closely with other Save the Children Departments and with Programme Development and Quality (PDQ), Finance, Human Resources and Support Services to ensure quality program implementation and humanitarian response and contribute to achievement of advocacy goals at sub-national and national levels. The post holder will contribute to increasing country’s funding portfolio through ensuring fully functional Awards area, and through close collaboration with the PDQ in identification of funding gaps and development of project proposals. The post holder will ensure close collaboration of Program Implementation Department with Advocacy and Campaigns and New Business Development areas in raising the profile and performance of Save the Children in Bolivia. One of key aspects of the post holder is ensuring capacity building, mentoring, and coaching of Area and Program/Project Managers.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Member of the Senior Management Team (SMT)
- Oversight and Management of Program Operations and Emergency Response Management
- Awards Management
- Supply Chain: Logistics, Inventory and Procurement
- Staff Management, Mentorship, and Development – Program Operations
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- A minimum of 7 years of senior management experience in a corporate or an NGO environment, including significant field operations experience running both emergency and development programs
- Master’s degree in development or other social sciences
- Robust experience of NGO program cycle management, and with experience of working within a complex and matrix organization structure
- A very good understanding of the sectoral programs and a working knowledge of the program priorities of the Country Office
- Substantial experience in logistics, including procurement, supply chain, fleet management& inventory.
- Relevant experience in budget management oversight and supervising field and/or project offices in remote areas.
- Significant knowledge of international humanitarian systems, institutions, and donors, and of procedures, accountability frameworks and best practices in emergency management• Substantial experience and knowledge of effective financial and budgetary control and securing and managing grants from major institutional donors
- Solid project management skills related to organizational development projects and international,
cross-functional teams with a proven history of delivering results
- Ability to analyze information, evaluate options and to think and plan strategically
- An in-depth understanding of national and international development issues and best practice in relation to children
- Previous experience of managing and developing a team and the ability to lead, motivate and develop others
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Spanish.
- Ability and willingness to change work practices and hours, and work with incoming teams in the event of major emergencies
- Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children’s aims, values and principles including
BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)
Before submitting your application, we invite you to read the SCI polices on our web page.
Quiénes Somos – Save the Children Bolivia
Those interested should enter the following link: HAGA CLICK AQUÍ to upload your application, including your application letter, updated resume with supporting documents related to the position, salary expectation and professional references. We, will only be taking applications in our platform.
Save the Children is a safe organization and is committed to safeguarding everyone who comes into contact with our organization.
Deadline for submitting applications until Sunday March 6, 2022.
ESTE BOLETÍN SE PRODUCE POR ENCARGO DE SAVE THE CHILDREN
Usted quiere estar al día con nuestros boletines, suscríbete a nuestra red informativa de Redesma y Cebem en WhatsApp, haga clic AQUÍ o mándenos su número.