Job/Title: Country Manager
||Canada World Youth
||EQWIP HUBs Powering Youth Innovation for Sustainable Livelihoods
||La Paz, Bolivia
||Manager Level, contract
ABOUT EQWIP HUBs
Do you want to work with a team of energetic, skilled and passionate individuals who are motivated to create innovative solutions for sustainable youth livelihoods? If yes, then EQWIP HUBs is the team for you!
Powered by Canadian leaders in global youth development – Canada World Youth (CWY) and Youth Challenge International (YCI) – the EQWIP HUBs project is a global network that connects Canadian volunteers, youth participants, and international partners through innovative programming in six developing countries.
Through 18 knowledge centres in Bolivia, Ghana, Indonesia, Peru, Senegal and Tanzania, EQWIP HUBs offers entrepreneurship and employment training so that young people, especially women, can come together to gain market-relevant skills and learn from mentors. Our youth focused, collaborative and tech-friendly approach is unique. By working in partnership with global peers – we can create a better future for all. Together, we’re on a mission to change the lives of 100,000 youth by 2020.
Canada World Youth & Youth Challenge International
Each recognized as Canadian leaders, CWY and YCI bring a combined 70 years of expertise in global youth development. Forty thousand young people around the world have been transformed through CWY’s world-renowned global reciprocal exchange programs and YCI’s youth innovation initiatives, proving young people can lead real change in global health, the environment, and youth livelihoods.
The Country Manager for Bolivia, reporting to the Project Director based in Ottawa, will bring initiative, innovation and leadership to the management of the EQWIP HUB project, across the national EQWIP HUB locations and will be accountable for achieving project results at the country level.
- Provide leadership, management for the delivery and oversight of the project in Bolivia
- Monitor and manage annual and multi-year program budgets, ensuring compliance with program, donor regulations and requirements
- Mitigate risk by identifying areas of risk and take steps to reduce vulnerabilities
- Carry out management responsibilities in accordance with project’s policies and applicable laws including recruitment, development, performance management, risk management to ensure quality project delivery
- Ensure preparation and submission of financial and project activity reports according to the project reporting processes and standards
- Ensure and manage conditions for performance and project delivery through staff and in-country Canadian volunteers
- Provide guidance, support and leadership to Canadian volunteers
- Provide guidance regarding tools and strategies to ensure that programming is based on input from stakeholders, a thorough understanding of the context, and technical best practices
- Ensure program quality and timely program delivery through implementation of project review systems, comprehensive M&E systems, and staff/partner development
- Remain well-informed about national and regional issues affecting youth and where possible position the project to respond appropriately
- Lead the development and update of sector strategies in relevant areas of programming and ensure it is complimentary to strategic planning at both the country level and globally
- Provide strategic support to ensure that activities are meeting their goals and targets, recommend program adjustments when necessary to keep the project on track
- Liaise and coordinate with technical consortium partners, implementing partners and key local/national actors (public and private sector) to ensure effective delivery of activities
- Engage private sector and relevant actors in forming a multi-stakeholder network to support youth employment/entrepreneurship objectives
- Perform other duties as delegated by the Project Director
- Applicant MUST be a citizen of Bolivia
- University degree
- At least 5-7 years of progressively responsible management and leadership experience at a management/director level
- Understanding of, and compatible vision, for effective community development with a focus on networking and organizational management skills
- Ability to work with and through partners
- Demonstrate passion for working with youth and an understanding of the current situation for young people
- An appreciation of the contribution of volunteers to international development and ideally, experienced in supporting or working with volunteers
- Ability to cultivate relationships and deliver programming through a range of stakeholders, including civil authorities, community group leaders, donors, private sector and other international NGOs, on initiatives
- Experience with current approaches to adult learning, participatory methods for M&E and partnership development
- A successful track record in supervising, designing, managing and implementing donor-funded projects
- Sound financial planning and budget management skills
- Proven ability to develop, implement, monitor and deliver results through work plans and training plans
- Demonstrate team management, mentoring abilities and experience supporting staff teams
- Proven understanding and commitment to addressing gender and equity issues
- Strong time management, planning and prioritization skills
- Strong interpersonal, networking, representation, negotiation and communication skills
- Strong verbal and written English skills
Deadline to apply: Wednesday, June 20thth, 2018 at 5pm EST. Applications will be considered upon submission. Please submit your cover letter and CV as a one document Word or PDF e-mail attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Country Manager - Bolivia” in the subject line. Applications will not be considered beyond the deadline.
No phone calls about the position can be accepted. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
ESTE BOLETÍN SE PRODUCE POR ENCARGO DE EQWIP HUBs
|REDESMA es una iniciativa de CEBEM, la emisión de un boletín EXTRA es un servicio que REDESMA ofrece y que solamente se encarga de difundir la información que nos hacen llegar nuestros ocasionales clientes, REDESMA ofrece este servicio a todo público que esté interesado en difundir algo específico y en extenso, para mayor información: email@example.com