Farmer common sense in business
For inspiring and creative professionals
with a passion for farmer organisations
focused on impact
We are Agriterra, a Dutch agri-agency that provides business development services to ambitious farmer organisations (associations, federations, cooperatives and private companies owned by farmers) in developing and emerging economies. We assist them with advice and training by locally based business advisors and by deploying practitioners from the Dutch and international farmer organisations and (cooperative) companies; the so-called AgriPool experts. We apply a three-track approach: we make cooperatives bankable and create real farmer-led companies, we improve extension services to farmer members and we enhance farmer-government dialogues. Our advisory practice covers the full range of services on Management & Organisation, Financial Management, Governance, Business Development and Lobby & Advocacy.
Agriterra works from local offices in a large number of countries. We work with self-steering teams, so our employees are challenged to use every bit of determination, creativity and strategy to achieve our compelling goals. Being a self-steering organisation makes Agriterra an inspiring and challenging environment for professional growth and development.
Agriterra has an annual turnover of approximately 15 million euros, is ISO certified and has over 120 employees, both in the Netherlands and abroad. For more information, visit our website www.agriterra.org
For our team in Bolivia we are recruiting a:
business advisor (m/f)
Location: Sopocachi, La Paz, Bolivia
As a business advisor, you are a coach and advisor of our clients (farmer organisations). You are a real dealmaker, tirelessly creating opportunities how to better serve our clients and how to better position Agriterra as the number one farmer organisations specialist in the country. You are an advisor, networker and broker having the lead in acquisition and marketing of our services. You provide expert advice, monitor advisory trajectories with clients and you have an advisory and brokerage role in the closing of deals with, among others, donors, multilateral agencies, trust funds and the private sector. In order to achieve this, networking is your second nature, leveraging the potential of our network comprising of farmer organisations, government institutions and all other stakeholders relevant for agricultural development.
- Provide business development advice to and facilitate change management within farmer organisations that will allow for the realisation of business growth potential
- Networking, third party funds acquisition and marketing of Agriterra services and products related to farmer organisations business development
- Materialise opportunities to finance business plans of farmer organisations, support the establishment of contacts and negotiate business agreements with banks, investors and other financiers (governments and the business sector)
- Provide both clients and the team of business advisors with coaching and guidance relating to change trajectories and stakeholder management, to promote the interests of farmers, associations and cooperatives, particularly to the authorities of Bolivia
- Collect and systematise information about clients and advisory processes, such as financial reports and annual overviews
- Position Agriterra in Bolivia and Latin-America as the number one service provider in farmers organisations business development
- Prepare and manage trainings and workshops as well as international exchange visits
- Prospect and deep analysing of farmer organisations with the potential to become clients
- Bolivian nationality
- A bachelor’s degree in business economics, agricultural engineering, food engineering or a similar field
- Work experience in an international environment
- Extensive experience and knowledge of one or more fields in which Agriterra achieves results, such as farmer organisations business development, market chain development, agricultural service provision, entrepreneurship, governance, youth and gender equality, financial management and third-party funds acquisition
- Relevant practical knowledge and experience in the agri & food and/or farmer organisations sector
- Proven experience in programme management with solid reporting and writing skills
- Knowledge in financial management, accountancy and budgets
- High level of proficiency in Spanish and English
- Enthusiastic, focused on results and service and skilled in coaching and change management
- Familiar with self-steering and team dynamics
- Able and used to travel frequently (about 50% of your time, sometimes more)
- Able to live and work in La Paz
What we have to offer
A position that requires you to be highly self-reliant and use your pioneering skills in order to operate in dynamic international markets and in close cooperation with the agricultural business sector. At Agriterra, the work environment is collegial and ambitious, and the focus is on achieving impact. As a business advisor, you will be part of the small Bolivia team of business advisors as well as a part of the Latin-America team. The working conditions and additional benefits are good and conform Bolivian standards. The salary offered will depend on your experience, age and family situation.
Are you interested?
Are you interested in this position and do you fit the profile? Apply before 21 October 2018, with a cover letter and curriculum vitae both in English, by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org to the attention of Mr. Cees van Rij, manager agri-advice. If you require further information you can contact Mr. Guido Guerra by sending an e-mail, in English, to email@example.com.
Please note that any application that does not include a cover letter plus a curriculum vitae in English, or that it is sent after the deadline won´t be taken into consideration.
ESTE BOLETÍN SE PRODUCE POR ENCARGO DE FUNDACIÓN AGRITERRA
|REDESMA es una iniciativa de CEBEM, la emisión de un boletín EXTRA es un servicio que REDESMA ofrece y que solamente se encarga de difundir la información que nos hacen llegar nuestros ocasionales clientes, REDESMA ofrece este servicio a todo público que esté interesado en difundir algo específico y en extenso, para mayor información: firstname.lastname@example.org