Manager- Regional Operations Support
Location: La Paz, Bolivia
# of openings: 1
Conservation International is seeking for a Manager- Regional Operations Support. This position supports the Senior Director of Operations (SDO) for the Americas (AFD) in ensuring compliance with CI’s policies and procedures as well as the highest standards in accounting and finance, budgeting and reporting maintenance in Colombia, Ecuador, Bolivia and Costa Rica country programs. The primary role of the Manager is to ensure all field offices keep accurate, timely accounting records in compliance with CI policy, US GAAP, local accounting policies, local laws and regulations.
(S)/he will report to the SDO AFD-Americas and work closely with country program leads, operations and regional staff and the US-based units to identify and correct any weaknesses or gaps in the execution of these functions. It will also provide training and support to country programs as required.
- Review and oversee accounting in each office, ensuring transactions are properly and timely recorded, classified, and supported with appropriate documentation.
- Review monthly reconciliation of accounts and schedules prepared by each country program accounting staff. Ensure schedules and reconciliations are accurately prepared, and ensure old or questionable items are resolved.
- Sign off on all monthly reconciliation of accounts and schedules prepared by smaller country programs of the Division, as applicable.
- Ensures that CIs accounting policies and procedures, local law and other regulatory requirements are followed throughout all countries as mentioned above, within the Division.
- Review countries monthly reconciliations of the general ledger, subsidiary ledgers and related financial accounts. Work with division and/or HQ staff to resolve variances.
- Support SDO-AFD in review and sign off on donor proposal budgets and donor reports for all non-public funding donors for country programs as mentioned above, within the Division. Review financial data and transactions to ensure the accuracy of financial reports. Ensure compliance with reporting standards, CI policies and donor/partner requirements.
- Support SDO- AFD in review of all GEF reports ensuring complete compliance before they are submitted to CI GEF agency.
- Be a point of contact of Shared Office Cost and fringe benefit calculations for each country program and sign off periodically from the division.
- Support SDO- AFD in review and consolidate monthly reporting: overspent and past-due project, revenue tracker, Concur and credit card expense report and other required reports as assigned.
- Ensure alignment of country programs budgets monthly and monitor burn rates/analysis with SDO-AFD.
- Support SDO-AFD in development of annual budgeting for the programs as applicable, within the division, provide review and support to Country programs in annual budgeting process.
- Review one line, ITD and other budget reports with SDO - AFD to ensure a zero-risk financial management.
- Support Country programs to oversee the efficient management of accounting, finance, budgeting, projects, contracts, and payroll functions as needed.
- Deliver trainings in accounting, budgeting and other system based trainings in all the countries as mentioned above within the region.
- Fill in for Country programs operations staff during vacancies and absences.
Risk Mgmt. & Compliance
- Ensure that local regulations such as statutory deductions, severance, audits and taxes are accurately documented, properly calculated, accounted for, and paid in each of the country programs within AFD Division.
- Ensure insurance coverage is properly placed in each of the country programs within the Division and compliant with CI policy.
- Bachelor's Degree; with a focus in Accounting, Finance or other business-related area is required
- Minimum of 5 to 7 years in hands-on accounting experience, preferably with some non-profit experience.
- 5-7 years related experience in management of operations (administration, finance, grants resources and donor management) functions, preferably for an international NGO.
- Experience with diverse funding environment including US and European governments, multi-laterals, and large foundations.
- Background in public accounting or internal audit desirable.
- Specific experience in financial controls, and operational / process improvement
- Specific experience with accounting systems.
- Preference will be given to candidates with the Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management Accountant designations.
- Analytical: Utilizes effective problem solving and decision-making models
- Capacity to analyze trends and tendencies and to translate this information in the review and development of the program’s strategic directions
- Knowledge of local accounting regulations within Americas countries as mentioned above.
- Fluent in Portuguese, Spanish and English.
- Proven ability to conduct research, solve problems, prepare/update supporting documentation and maintain records.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team, to exercise tact and diplomacy and maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to work under pressure and successfully meet deadlines
- Flexible, creative, well organized.
- Experience working with diverse groups.
Supervisory responsibilities/Authority allocated
- Responsible for indirect supervision to all accountants in countries as mentioned above across Americas.
- Gains the respect and confidence of the operations team through timely and accurate communication practices, and clear and concise team direction. Lead by example.
- Primarily in an office environment.
- Expected to travel as needed to countries within AFD and US (HQ).
Applicants must submit their CV in English and a cover letter of interest (1-page maximum), including salary requirements until January 26th, 2018 to the following address: email@example.com
Please enter REGIONAL OPERATIONS SUPPORT MANAGER as the “Subject” of your message
ESTE BOLETÍN SE PRODUCE POR ENCARGO DE CONSERVACIÓN INTERNACIONAL
|REDESMA es una iniciativa de CEBEM, la emisión de un boletín EXTRA es un servicio que REDESMA ofrece y que solamente se encarga de difundir la información que nos hacen llegar nuestros ocasionales clientes, REDESMA ofrece este servicio a todo público que esté interesado en difundir algo específico y en extenso, para mayor información: firstname.lastname@example.org