Programme Officer – Christian Aid Bolivia
Annually Gross Salary 13th Wages (Salario Anual Bruto, 13 salarios): BOB220,000 - BOB232,289
Type of contract: Open Ended
Based: La Paz, Bolivia
Closing date: Midnight, Sunday 4th February 2018 Bolivian Time.
Christian Aid, is a British NGO with over 30 years’ experience of working in partnership with national partners in Bolivia to ensure dignified, thriving, resilient livelihoods for historically marginalised sectors, through increased access to inclusive and sustainable markets and increased capacity to effectively manage their risks and vulnerabilities.
We are looking for a dynamic and highly skilled and motivated individual to join our small team in Bolivia to consolidate and to scale up our programme, challenging power dynamics, tackling intersecting inequalities and promoting gender justice linked to territorial rights; climate change and alternative sustainable low carbon development models in the Amazon region by responding to the needs and proposals of historically excluded groups through enhanced representation and leadership in decision making and policy development processes that affect them at local, sub national, national and international levels to tackle the root causes and consequences of structural inequalities and marginalisation.
About the Job
This post is crucial and it will be required to provide effective management in several aspects of the Christian Aid’s Bolivia programme. The post holder will provide supervision, monitoring, and the provision of technical assistance to projects being implemented by local partners in the Christian Aid portfolio in Bolivia. She or he will be responsible for producing technical and financial monitoring assessments and reports on all projects under his or her management. She or he will identify capacity building needs and provide appropriate and timely direct technical assistance and support to the partnerships and projects funded by Christian Aid and other donors, through regular meetings with partners in La Paz and field trips to the Amazon region. As well as working on the national Bolivia programme, he or she will work very closely on joint regional (LAC) and global project teams with CA colleagues and allied organisations to strengthen our Global Partnership, particularly in areas related to gender and intersecting inequalities in the Amazonian region and beyond. He or she will be responsible for raising the profile of the work of CA Bolivia by preparing regular communication products in English and Spanish. The post holder will contribute to the sustainability and scale up of CA Bolivia and regional initiatives by identifying and developing proposals for existing and new sources of funding in coordination with colleagues from across the Global Partnership.
- You will have extensive experience of working in Bolivia with indigenous communities, preferable in the Amazon region.
- You will have experience or understanding of working with local partners.
- You will have strong and proven skills in brokering relationships and bringing diverse actors together to work towards common goals.
- You will have excellent written and oral communication skills in English and Spanish, including the ability to communicate effectively across cultures and at a distance.
- You will have excellent report writing skills and experience of responding effectively to the specific requirements of institutional donor funded programmes and requirements.
- You will be a graduate in a relevant discipline or equivalent and have expertise with current thinking / debates on gender, inclusion, intersecting inequalities and rights approach.
- It is important you can demonstrate highly developed analytical skills and the ability to manage complex information and present it in ways that support learning and decision-making.
- You will have interest or experience of ecumenical / rights networks in Latin America and sensitivity to religious issues and how religious leaders can promote gender justice.
- You will be engaged with current academic thinking on gender justice and intersecting inequalities and show how you have integrated this into your past work.
- You will be able to show evidence of your commitment and experience to using participatory methodology and empowerment approaches.
- And of course, we are looking for a good team player who can contribute to a positive team and working environment in our small country office.
As this post is based in Bolivia all candidates must have Bolivian nationality
We value diversity and aspire to reflect this in its workforce. We welcome applications from people from all sections of the community, irrespective of race, colour, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief. You can expect a wide range of rewards and benefits, and flexibility that will ensure you enjoy a good work/life balance for example private health insurance and life insurance
To apply for this post, please follow the link
ESTE BOLETÍN SE PRODUCE POR ENCARGO DE CHRISTIAN AID
|REDESMA es una iniciativa de CEBEM, la emisión de un boletín EXTRA es un servicio que REDESMA ofrece y que solamente se encarga de difundir la información que nos hacen llegar nuestros ocasionales clientes, REDESMA ofrece este servicio a todo público que esté interesado en difundir algo específico y en extenso, para mayor información: email@example.com